This Policy applies to personal data and other information that we collect from or about visitors to, or users of, our website, including job applicants, and where we are acting as a data controller of the personal data (for example, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of the personal data).
By using this website or providing us with your personal data via the website, you consent to the processing of your personal data in the manner set out in this Policy.
In this Policy, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Foreside.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you interact with this website, we may collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could identify, relate to, describe, reference, be capable of being associated with, or reasonably be linked to, directly or indirectly, you or your device (“personal data”). In particular, the personal data that we may collect falls into one or more of the following categories of personal data:
|Categories||Examples of Personal Data Collected|
|Identifiers||Your name and/or alias, job title, address, country, telephone number, email address, username, IP address.|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) |
(This category of personal data is specific to California residents.)
|Your name, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, username and password.|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Your browsing history, search history, and information on your interaction with a Foreside proprietary or managed website or application.|
|Professional or employment-related information |
(This category of personal data will only be collected if you send us this information with an online application for employment or similar request.)
|Your current or past job history and related performance information.|
Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal data through this website. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this website. If we learn that we have collected or received personal data from a child under 16 without verification or parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
The personal data that we may collect is further described below.
Personal Data That You Provide Through the Site:
If you send us an inquiry or request, or apply for employment through the website, we may collect one or more of the following personal data from you:
- First, middle and/or last name
- Company name
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Country location
- Phone number
- Employment history and education details
When you request information about our business or ask us to contact you through the website, we may collect and store the contact name, business name, and email address that you provide. If you access our secure Client Portal, we will collect and/or store your username, business name, role, email address, password and login details (such as login time, IP address, pages visited and download logs, if any, of file title and download date).
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
To respond to inquiries and requests. When you ask for information about our business or services (for example, when you ask us to send you service overviews, price information or offers), we will use the contact information you provide to us to respond to you. We also will use the personal data you provide to us to send you requested email notifications. Such use of your personal data is necessary for us to respond to your inquiry or request.
For marketing purposes. We will use the personal data contained in the request you submit to us to provide you with information concerning our services. We also will use the personal data you provide to us to send you requested email notifications and/or newsletters, which you can opt-out of at any time.
To process applications for a job. When you apply for employment through our website, your contact details and data about your employment history and education may be collected and used to evaluate your job application, conduct job interviews, and as is otherwise needed for recruitment. Processing of this data is necessary to respond to your request to process your application for employment. If you do not provide this data, we will not be able to process the application that you submitted to us through our website.
To analyze, administer, support or improve the use of the website. We may use certain data relating to your use of the website on an anonymous basis to operate the website; monitor services; and improve the content, functionality and applicability of information on the website. We may also compile and/or aggregate your anonymized personal and other data for our legitimate business interests in understanding how the website is being used by visitors and to improve their experience on it. The aggregate information does not identify you.
Other Uses of Personal Data. We also may use your personal data in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by following the instructions contained in each marketing communication we send you permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing information. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name and contact information deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Toll-Free Number: 1-866-980-0025
- Postal Mail: Foreside, Attention: Privacy Team, 3 Canal Plaza, Suite 100, Portland, Maine 04101
Please note that we will continue to contact you via email to respond to your requests, perform services described in a contract between you and us and/or take steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
California residents may have additional personal data rights and choices. Please see the “California Privacy Rights” section below for more information.
If you are accessing this website in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and, as applicable, post-Brexit United Kingdom and Switzerland, please see the “European Privacy Regulations” section below for information on your rights in relation to your personal data.
4. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may share your personal data and other information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Third-Party Service Providers: To assist us meet our legal and regulatory obligations or to perform certain services and functions that you request of us, we may use third-party service providers. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties may access, process or store personal data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Foreside Subsidiaries and Affiliates: In order to provide the services you request from us, our subsidiaries and affiliates may have access to certain of your personal data in order to respond to your requests or to conduct business risk assessments. Such processing is in our legitimate interest to ensure that you receive the services you request from us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider, your personal data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, lawful request by regulatory or public authorities, including law enforcement, and applicable laws, rules, order or regulations, (ii) protect or defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of website users or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
We do not sell any personal data that we collect, process, or maintain for any business purposes.
5. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
If you need us to change or correct the personal data you provided to us or wish to have your personal data removed from our systems, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below and we will address your requests as required by applicable law.
6. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal data. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws.
7. EUROPEAN PRIVACY REGULATIONS SCOPE
This section applies if you are a European Union (“EU”) data subject, as defined in EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679) (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the EEA countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway and, where applicable, post-Brexit the United Kingdom and Switzerland).
Data Controller. Foreside is the data controller for processing personal data provided to us through the website.
Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal data. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified or completed. If we have shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your personal data and we will do so, where possible and lawful to do so, such as when your personal data is no longer needed or required (we may not delete your data when other interests outweigh your right to deletion). If we have shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal data or object to us processing it. We will inform you before we lift any restrictions on processing. If we have shared your personal data with others, we will inform them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so that you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: Effective May 25, 2018, you have the right to obtain the personal data that you consented to give us or that is necessary to perform a service for you. We will provide you your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, which you may reuse elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your personal data, including profiling, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your personal data, you can report it to the appropriate data protection authority to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us as indicated under the “Contact Us” section below.
Legitimate Interest, as used throughout this Policy, means the interests of Foreside in conducting and managing its organization, such as in processing your personal data to analyze how our products and services are being used by you, and ensuring network and information security, as described in this Policy. We consider and balance any potential impact on you, and your rights under data protection laws when processing your personal data. We will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, unless we have your consent or those activities are otherwise required or permitted to by law. You have the right to object to processing that is based on our legitimate interests. For more information on your rights, please see “Your Rights” section above.
Data Transfers. In the ordinary course of business, the only personal data transferred to and from countries in the EEA and, as applicable, post-Brexit United Kingdom and Switzerland is data provided by you through the website and our response to you.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites not operated or controlled by us (“Third Party Sites”). The privacy practices described in this Policy do not apply to Third Party Sites. By providing these links, we do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed these sites. Please contact those sites directly for information on their privacy practices and policies. By using our website, you acknowledge and agree that Foreside has no liability or responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of Third-Party Sites.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and users and maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction in light of the risks inherent in processing this information. However, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be fully secure and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. Please keep this in mind when providing us with your personal data.
A cookie is a small text file sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website. Cookies usually do not contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal data that we collect on an anonymous basis, such as your IP address, operating system, browser type and website usage, may be linked to information we obtain from cookies. Some cookies expire at the end of your visit to our website (session cookies), while others remain on your computer or terminal device for a longer period (persistent cookies).
- Security. To protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally.
- Authentication. To identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our website.
- Session Status. To help us to determine if you are logged into our website.
- Preferences. To store information about your preferences and to personalize the website for you.
- Analytics. To recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website. This helps us to improve the performance of and content on our website.
Most browsers allow you to manage cookies. Methods vary from browser to browser but you can often find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to accept or turn off cookies.
11. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
12. CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
We may change this Policy at any time. We will post all changes to this Policy on this page. By continuing to use this website, you agree that you will be deemed to have agreed to these terms and use.
13. CONTACT US
This website is owned and operated by Foreside. Our principal place of business is 3 Canal Plaza, Suite 100, Portland, Maine 04101.