OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Lead Application Developer will be responsible for development, maintenance and administration as part of a team and will serve as the technical lead coordinating the work of multiple developers.
- Development, maintenance and administration as part of a team supporting advanced software systems that serve mission critical needs
- Deliver projects as technical lead coordinating the work of multiple developers
- Ensure a high level of quality in all stages of software development from planning through implementation
- Write and maintain design documents and user documents geared to effective and accurate communication
- Perform all responsibilities in a professional manner
- Follow all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and report any potential or perceived violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (PERSONAL, EDUCATIONAL, EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in commercial software development
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and software development environments
- Extensive experience creating detailed technical requirements and structured work items for other developers
- Ability to deliver promised results on deadline in a fast-paced environment both by working independently and by leading and coordinating a team of developers
- Significant experience dealing with mission critical data such as financial markets data or retail credit data
- Experience optimizing data models, ETL processes and workflow
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Sit: Total hours/day 6.5 Hours at one time 2.0
Stand: Total hours/day 1.0 Hours at one time 0.5
Walk: Total hours/day 0.5 Hours at one time 0.5
This position requires strong organizational skills, the use of a computer and other common office equipment throughout the day, and the ability to maintain mental focus.
40 hours per week with ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet client needs.
Foreside Financial Group, LLC provides customized solutions to the investment management industry. Our solutions include fund, broker-dealer and adviser compliance services, distribution consulting, legal underwriting, FINRA licensing to U.S. and non-U.S. sponsors of closed-end, open-end, exchange-traded funds and private placements as well as retail and institution broker-dealers and investment management firms.
Foreside’s cost-effective, personalized solutions allow our clients to focus on asset management without sacrificing distribution and compliance best practices.