Overview of Position
Working within a team that is responsible for Foreside’s M&A activities, the Senior Analyst will play a role in the development of Foreside‘s valuation models, analysis of industry/business sector information, contribute to the analysis of the firm’s overall M&A strategy, assist in managing due diligence of acquisitions as well as participate in impactful cross-functional initiatives that impact short and long-term company goals.
The preferred candidate will be in New England; this position can work remotely but travel to the Portland office will be required from time to time.
Compensation for the position will be determined by a variety of factors to include previous experience, education and credentials/licenses.
- Develop detailed company valuations and financial models
- Conduct thorough transaction analysis
- Help create management presentations
- Assist in research to help build business cases for acquisition proposals
- Assist in due diligence and integration planning and management
- Responsible for conducting preliminary research on targets and presenting them to the Managing Director
- Assist with ongoing transactions as needed
- Work with teams of professionals across Foreside business lines
- Ad Hoc projects for Corporate Development and/or other cross-functional initiatives Responsible for reporting to senior management, including any potential or perceived violations of applicable laws, rules or Company policies
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Qualifications (Personal, Educational, Experience)
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in Corporate Development, Corporate Finance, M&A, or a fast-paced project management role
- Knowledge of financial services and/or Governance, Risk, and Compliance (“GRC”) verticals preferred
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Advanced computer skills in Excel
- Previous experience with financial statements, principles, and valuation techniques
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent judgment
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work under limited supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Sit: Total hours/day 6.5 Hours at one time 2.0
Stand: Total hours/day 1.0 Hours at one time 0.5
Walk: Total hours/day 0.5 Hours at one time 0.5
This position requires strong organizational skills, the use of a computer and other common office equipment throughout the day, and the ability to maintain mental focus.
40 hours per week with ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet client needs.
Foreside Financial Group, LLC provides customized solutions to the investment management industry. Our solutions include fund, broker-dealer and adviser compliance services, distribution consulting, legal underwriting, FINRA licensing to U.S. and non-U.S. sponsors of closed-end, open-end, exchange traded funds and private placements as well as retail and institution broker-dealers and investment management firms.
Foreside’s cost-effective, personalized solutions allow our clients to focus on asset management without sacrificing distribution and compliance best practices.