Overview of Position
The Advertising Compliance Principal uses independent judgment and discretion to ensure the regulatory compliance of assigned fund and advisory clients’ marketing materials. Responsibilities will be split between SEC (Investment Advisor Act) and FINRA-related materials, to include fact sheets, websites, reprints, presentations, reports, letters and internal communications.
- Work independently in the review and approval of investment company and private placement material to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for investment adviser and broker-dealer clients
- Daily interaction with Foreside clients, regulatory contacts, and staff concerning advertising review matters, providing advice and guidance to identify and resolve issues
- Monitor compliance and stay current on FINRA, SEC, SIPC, State and internal standards, advising appropriate parties and ensuring materials conform
- Assist with preparing and updating advertising-related procedures and manuals
- Train client staff, as appropriate
- Conducts self in a professional manner
- Responsible for reporting to senior management, including any potential or perceived violations of applicable laws, rules or Company policies
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Qualifications (Personal, Educational, Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ compliance or related experience
- FINRA Series 7/24 required (will accept the Series 6/26 provided the Series 7/24 are obtained within a reasonable period upon being hired)
- Thorough understanding of SEC and FINRA and other complex advertising rules that govern public and private investment products
- Ability to interpret rules and regulations and communicate them to others
- Strong organization skills, including the capacity to multi-task
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Leadership qualities for establishing role as point-of-contact for Foreside’s clients
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Sit: Total hours/day 6.5 Hours at one time 2.0
Stand: Total hours/day 1.0 Hours at one time 0.5
Walk: Total hours/day 0.5 Hours at one time 0.5
This position requires strong organizational skills, the use of a computer and other common office equipment throughout the day, and the ability to maintain mental focus.
40 hours per week with ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet client needs.
Foreside Financial Group, LLC provides customized solutions to the investment management industry. Our solutions include fund, broker-dealer and adviser compliance services, distribution consulting, legal underwriting, FINRA licensing to U.S. and non-U.S. sponsors of closed-end, open-end, exchange traded funds and private placements as well as retail and institution broker-dealers and investment management firms.
Foreside’s cost-effective, personalized solutions allow our clients to focus on asset management without sacrificing distribution and compliance best practices.
|Job Category||Advertising Compliance|